I figured I better update my blog since it has been a while. School and work has been keeping me pretty busy. Finals week is coming up soon. It will be nice to have a break before the next semester. I am only scheduled for one class so far, which is Human Anatomy. I will have to study more than I did this semester. I need to get an A out of that class in order to get into my program at Weber. I thought I would include some pictures of some of my labs that I had this semester in Human Physiology. WARNING!!!! The following pictures are of dissected organs. Do not scroll down if you don't want to see them.
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
This is a pig heart
Here is the right ventricle of the pig heart. The stringy thing on the top half of the heart is called the 'Bundle of His'. It is basicaly a bundle of nerve fibers that tell the heart when to pump.
This is the left ventricle. The light area is the aorta. The aorta is the major artery that leaves your heart and sends blood to your limbs. The wall of the left ventricle is much thicker than the right because the left does a lot more work.
This is a pig lung. The bronchi have been cut open. There is a piece of the lung that was cut off so we could see the spongyness. It was pretty cool. We got to hook up the lungs to air and see the lungs inflate, I wish I could have got a picture of it inflated.
Here is a pig kidney. It wasn't as interesting as the heart and lung but still cool.
This is a sheep eye before it has been dissected.
Here is the eye dissected. You can't see the iris very well but the lens is right in the middle. You can see the letters on the newspaper magnified through the lens.
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
This is a pig heart
Here is the right ventricle of the pig heart. The stringy thing on the top half of the heart is called the 'Bundle of His'. It is basicaly a bundle of nerve fibers that tell the heart when to pump.
This is the left ventricle. The light area is the aorta. The aorta is the major artery that leaves your heart and sends blood to your limbs. The wall of the left ventricle is much thicker than the right because the left does a lot more work.
This is a pig lung. The bronchi have been cut open. There is a piece of the lung that was cut off so we could see the spongyness. It was pretty cool. We got to hook up the lungs to air and see the lungs inflate, I wish I could have got a picture of it inflated.
Here is a pig kidney. It wasn't as interesting as the heart and lung but still cool.
This is a sheep eye before it has been dissected.
Here is the eye dissected. You can't see the iris very well but the lens is right in the middle. You can see the letters on the newspaper magnified through the lens.So there you have it. it was a pretty interesting semester. I will have to take this class over again, but hopefully I will grasp the material better the second time around. There will be more to come next semester when I go to the cadaver lab. THAT will be interesting!


0 comments:
Post a Comment