I don't write about really important things very often. In fact, never. But I feel like I need to write about my week so far if not just for myself. My best friend was blessed with a sweet baby boy on the 25th of May. Although baby Connor was born 15 weeks premature, his mother described him as a 'rock-star'. I enjoyed hearing about the little improvements he was making every day. He was doing so well. I was so happy for my friends and the joy that came into their lives from such a small package.
They had a special fast for Connor just last Sunday and I participated with faith that everything would be fine. The next day while at work I got a text from my friend saying that Connor had passed away that morning. I couldn't help but feel complete sorrow for the loss of such a new life. I felt a little betrayed by God that our fast had not been answered.
But as I attended Connor's funeral today and saw how strong my friends were and how they were able to turn a sad thing unto something joyful, I realized that our fast was worth it. He is better. He was such a righteous spirit that he only had to endure one week of hardship. I know my friends are special people because they were blessed with such a precious life. Connor was only here for one week, but the lessons he taught and the impact he made will last for many years to come.
I love you Nate and Jess!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Trials
Posted by Jason Findlay at 8:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment